Momtographie is a beginner dslr photography class customized for families in the Washington Metropolitan area with dslr cameras who want to take better photos of the special kiddos in their lives. Designed for the busy mom, dad, grandparent, aunt, or uncle on the go, this 4 hour jumpstart course will deliver the basics to get that camera out of AUTO mode and working for you in any situation.
Beryl will teach the essential beginner tips and tricks needed to beautifully capture family snapshots. There will be opportunity for hands on practice built in to the afternoon. You’ll leave Momtographie with tools to successfully document the stories of your life from lazy days at home, to sporting events and extracurriculars, to milestone moments not to be missed.
During Momtographie we’ll cover the following topics:
- Top 10 Tips for Taking Better Pictures of Kids
- Basic Photo Composition Rules
- Introduction to Exposure (why are my pictures from outside so bright and why are there so many shadows on faces?)
- ISO (why are all my pictures from inside the house so dark and grainy?)
- Shutter Speed (my baby is on the move and all of my photos are blurry!)
- Aperture (how can I take pictures when my kitchen is such a mess?!)
- Camera Settings
- Basic Lens Overview
- Backup, Printing, & Processing Overview
Your $199 registration fee includes:
- An afternoon away from the kids with the opportunity to meet and mingle with other local moms who want to learn about their camera, just like you.
- PDF quick guides of all course materials on disc, stationary, and pen so you’ll be able to recall what you’ve been taught long after Momtographie is over.
- Snacks and drinks to keep you energized and re-fueled for an afternoon of learning.
- Access to a private Facebook group after class is over reserved specifically for Momtographie students so you’ll be able to keep in touch, share, learn and grow together as you continue practicing what you’ve learned.
See what other past students are saying about Momtographie Class:
A MUST for any mom ~ hell, anyone ~ who wants to really use their fancy dancy camera. ~Emily
I had owned my camera for five years and have had kids for about two and a half, but I had never known how to put the two together to get the beautiful photographs I could see with my eye but couldn’t capture with the lens. The class helped demystify all of those scary buttons and the arcane terminology that I knew I would have to learn about to make the camera work for me but was too overwhelmed to try to tackle on my own. ~Nikki
A wonderful class for beginners. The insight and tips were extremely useful. Made me want to explore photography more! ~Molly
I’d definitely say do it! It’s easier for a Mom to take a class on a weekend afternoon rather than to worry about babysitters for several classes. Everyone in the class had children so we were all there with a common interest – to learn to photograph them properly! I’m also learning that as my children are growing up I am experiencing a little more free time. It’s been years since I’ve had a hobby so it’s a lovely feeling to be inspired again. ~Nicole L.
This class exceeded expectations on all levels. Beryl is a warm effective communicator who seems to genuinely care that you learn how to use your camera. Not too technical and no photography experience was needed to follow along. ~Kimberly
This class was a fantastic beginner class for those looking to familiarize themselves with their new dslr camera and the technical terms associated with photography. Beryl discusses camera modes and picture composition focused on the types of pictures moms love to take. I highly recommend this class for new dslr users who don’t have time to read their 200 page camera manual and want an efficient use of their time so they can get to taking great pictures sooner! ~Nicole G.
I would highly recommend this class. Beryl takes the time to help each student individually after she has taught each piece of information. She is also very good with her communication over email. Beryl is a very down to earth woman that makes you feel comfortable to ask any question simple or complex. I can’t wait to get started on the different things I’ve learned! ~Michelle B.
This is a very helpful class for one that is looking to understand the basics and the features of their camera. It helps you to get over the “fear” of what all those buttons mean! Beryl has a sweet nature about her and is very helpful in explaining what all the features mean. She explains in a way that is very easy to understand. I am so glad I took this class. It was informative and fun. It has helped to launch my new hobby that I have always wanted to do. ~Janine
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
45520 Dulles Plaza, Sterling VA, 20166
Sunday June 2nd, 2013
Are you ready to take control of your camera and shoot the beautiful pictures you’ve been waiting to capture?
Register now by clicking the button below.
This guide will give you an action plan for taking better photos of the special little ones in your life -- no matter what kind of camera you own.